Blogging Buddies

Monday 8 April 2013

Time for Cake?

Evening everyone.  Hope you all enjoyed the weekend.  I enjoyed a lovely walk with Harley Dog, until the little monster went charging in and out of ditches getting himself as filthy as he could - tut tut.  I thought it would tire him out but on our return he only wanted a game of footie!!  I swear that dog thinks he's Pele!!

I have another card to share with you using a cracking image from Saturated Canary.


This is a bit busy I reckon with all the pattened paper and colours so I've kept the embellies to a minimum with just a couple of card candy.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration

One stop Crafts - Birthdays
Simply Challenged - Use Layers
Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday
Dutch Dare - Birthday Fun
Creative Corner - Girly Birthday

Given the photo image I thought I'd also share the cupcakes I made over the Easter weekend.  I meant to blog them then but forgot so now is as good a time as any.....


They were a basic chocolate sponge with vanilla icing and lickle Easter eggs.  They were very scrummy but did not do my slimming any good.  I have yet to find a light and fluffy cupcake recipe using sweetener as opposed to sugar!

Thanks soo much for stopping by, I really appreciate it.  Enjoy your day!

Mel X

11 comments:

Jo said...

Hi Mel, love your card....great image & those busy papers are just FAB! And wow, cupcakes and cards....a perfect mix....and they look sooooo delicious!
Hugs Jo x

Caz said...

This is lovely Susan..Thank you for sharing with us at Dutch Dare and good luck

Caz DD DT xx

Rene said...

This is absolutely PERFECT for our challenge this week! I just LOVE it...absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for a new challenge!
Rene :D

Vicky said...

So very pretty hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

cheiron said...

Great coloring and colors! Thanks for playing along with the HAPPY BIRTHDAY challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Whimsey said...

Super cute image - love the colors and the papers; great layout!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!
~Michele

Tina said...

i so love saturated canary and this is so beautifully done...thanks for sharing at cucpake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Dewi Lestari said...

Lovely birthday card! Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: Birthdays
Hugs
Dewi

Anonymous said...

super cute card n image...lovely colors.
Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
Hugs,
Jill

Lorraine A said...

I think this is my most fave SC image , sooo cute and the colours and papers are fab !! LOVE it :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Angelique said...

Love this card. The papers fit perfect with your image, which is beautifull coloured.

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap